Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Spotlight on Thrasher's Creative Crafting Club

I have mentioned before that I teach 5th grade, and this fall I transferred to Thrasher Elementary. I. Love. it. It's a fantastic school, and everyone I have met has been great.


Anyhoo, Thrasher offers students different after school clubs to be a part of, and most of the teachers participate in the clubs. My club is the "Creative Crafting" club. Big surprise, right? I have a big bunch of 4th and 5th grade girls, and we are focused on DIY accessories. FUN!

This past week was our first meeting, and I asked if they might want to be the focus of a blog post once a month. With joy and anticipation, they quickly agreed to my request, so here we are.

This month we made "friendship button bracelets." Aren't they cute? I found the idea in an issue of Family Fun Magazine.

You can find Family Fun's tutorial, here.


We only meet for an hour, once a month, so our craft had to be a quick one.

The girls loved it, though, and did a great job.

Good times.

Next month....Shrinky Dinks. Yup, you heard me.

It's gonna be awesome.


Happy Wednesday-


Tracy





























3 comments:

erin said...

Those are really cute! I can't wait to see the shrinky dinks.

Michelle said...

Cute bracelets! What a great project for 4th and 5th graders.

Mrs. Jackson said...

Hi! I too am a teacher and craft club sponsor. I just found your blog and will search through it looking for craft club ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...